- Chemex filter
- 27 grams of coffee
- Gram scale
- Boil approximately 500 ml of water.
- Unfold the filter and place it in the Chemex. Rinse the filter with hot water to remove paper or cardboard flavors and preheat the Chemex. Pour out the water after one minute.
- Add 27 grams of medium-coarse ground coffee to the Chemex.
- Wet the coffee bed with 60 ml of water starting in the center and circling outwards, making sure all the coffee is moistened. Let it stand for 30 seconds.
- Pour water from the center outwards in circular motions, generating turbulence until reaching approximately 270 ml. Let the water percolate.
- Make a second pour from the outside in with smoother circles to create little turbulence, until you reach approximately 370 ml. Let the water percolate completely for approximately 4 minutes.
- Discard the filter and mix the coffee well before serving.